Justin Timberlake - Man of the Woods (February 2nd, 2018)

Tracklisting

1. Filthy
2. Midnight Summer Jam
3. Sauce
4. Man of the Woods
5. Higher Higher
6. Wave
7. Supplies
8. Morning Light featuring Alicia Keys
9. Say Something featuring Chris Stapleton
10. Hers (Interlude)
11. Flannel
12. Montana
13. Breeze off the Pond
14. Livin’ off the Land
15. The Hard Stuff
16. Young Man

Album Teaser

Singles

Filthy
19 January 2018
Justin Timberlake, Larrance Dopson, James Fauntleroy, Floyd Nathaniel Hills & Timothy Mosley
AUDIO | LYRIC | VIDEO

I’m excited for new JT music. His 20/20… albums were good but I hope he’s going for something different this time around.

i think he is the only one who still give some job to timbo

Most of T20/20E aged worse than Mickey Rourke, I hope he delivers something better this time.

Truer words have never been spoken.

Hopefully he delivers something good this time around.

February 2nd, 2018

The snippet sounds great, if not redundant.

Will update the OP, asap!

Filthy” is the first song to be taken from the album, out Friday!

That cover is fug but excited as hell nonetheless.

Filthy is out.

The song is different and I like the grimy funk vibe and the SexyBack-esque structuring and production. The outro is quite mysterious, and it seems like Justin is experimenting more with this album than previous records.

Also the titles of the first four tracks were leaked from the Target vinyl image:

1. Filthy, 2) Midnight Summer Jam, 3) Sauce, 4) Man of the Woods

Filthy is a hot ass mess, that tragic serum bass wobble makes me cackle :coffin:. Let’s just hope it’s not the best this album has to offer.

I like some of the titles.
The lead single is horrible tho. He should change The Neptunes and Timbo and do something diff this time.

I actually liked Filthy and I am excited for this album

Here’s a more important video:

annnnd

:coffin: We love a good roasting.

This review has me in absolute fucking tears. :rofl:

Despite the strong, rugged air of the title, much of Justin Timberlake’s fifth album – which drops this Friday – makes it clear he’s probably one of the worst people to possibly be stuck in the woods with. Imagine spending days in a cabin with a 36-year old dad, singing in an increasingly ironic falsetto, making everything pointlessly sexual, metaphorically humping your leg with incessant innuendos, whilst still thinking he’s a really cool, right-on kinda guy.

Single ‘Filthy’ kicks off the album, blessed with the gag-inducing line ‘What you gonna do with all that meat?’ – a question only Gregg Wallace has the acceptable right to ask in public. Up next comes, ahem, ‘Sauce’. ‘I love your pink, you love my purple’ states Justin, in what we hope is just a ghastly innuendo. If not, mate: see a doctor.

When he sings ‘It’s as solid as oak’ on ‘Breeze’, is he talking about his relationship or his penis? Such vagueness doesn’t help dispel the general whiff of ‘Blurred Lines’ about Timberlake in 2018 – and that’s before you get to the chauvinist patter of the title track, or his annoying tick of referring to women as ‘girl’, ‘baby’ or ‘sugarplum’.

The cherry on the cringe cake has to be album-closer ‘Young Man’, a song that was probably meant as a tender father-to-son ballad (for his two-year-old, with wife Jessica Biel). It instead raises more moral complications than a synod meeting of the Catholic church. Chirpily telling a child ‘If you need a cry, you got my permission’ is all kinds of wrong, as is telling a future man ‘Someday you’re gonna break somebody’s heart, that’s what we do’. For good measure, he also asks the child to contemplate how hot his mum is, and then gives advice on how to get with hotties of equal hotness.

That review :coffin: it really is a shame considering how long it took him to release another album. I’ll still give it a chance but I’m not as excited as I was.

// Who's Online (Guests Fix)