The Sims – Discussion

The Sims is a life simulation game series that was developed by Maxis and The Sims Studio and published by Electronic Arts. The franchise has sold nearly 200 million copies worldwide, and it is one of the best-selling video games series of all time. The series was created by Maxis, before the development of the series transitioned to The Sims Studio between 2006 and 2008. The Sims Studio later reintegrated into the refreshed EA Maxis label in 2012, where it continues to be developed by both teams. The games in The Sims series are largely sandbox games, in that they lack any defined goals (except for some later expansion packs and console versions which introduced this gameplay style). The player creates virtual people called “Sims” and places them in houses and helps direct their moods and satisfy their desires. Players can either place their Sims in pre-constructed homes or build them themselves. Each successive expansion pack and game in the series augmented what the player could do with their Sims.

I haven’t played the Sims since I had the Sims 3 on my old laptop back in 2011/12. This is making me nostalgic.

I don’t exactly see a problem with this stuff pack, but I am surprised laundry gameplay and objects haven’t been included in all of the Sims games from the beginning, since it is meant to be a life simulation. I wonder if they included top-loading machines…

I actually love the idea of the Laundry Day Stuff pack. It’s what I’ve been wanting for The Sims since its inception, and the reception has been brilliant. What they need to do is fix the bugs that came with Cats & Dogs, though!

I actually bought this pack and love it! It added a bunch of Country/Farmhouse type items as well. It really adds a new dynamic to the game!

Btw, today they just announced a new Expansion Pack “Get Famous!” – Visit Official Site

Just saw that… they have three major Simmers in the video, too! Deligracy, The Sim Supply and someone else are in this trailer as their SimSelf!

Whoa! I love “The Sim Supply” on YouTube, I have to re-watch to see him, I totally missed them! :open_mouth:

He’s in there a couple of times. I’m dying to see the new town, because I’m hoping it’s a bit more open world.

Summary

Wow, they look great!! Seems like they are really listening and including us fans more, which is awesome!

Yes, an open world like the Sims 3 would be great with this new destination!! It’s the only thing I dislike with 4.

Same. I think an open world concept would’ve worked so amazingly well with The Sims 4.

Was this total hours thing always here? :laughing:

How many hours do you guys have? :thinking:

I have, like, two hours played. I don’t have much time to play it, unfortunately.

Around 80 hours. And yes this was always there.

Oh wow, never noticed it :man_facepalming:t2:

Whoa, I did anyone else play The Sims Online way back in the day?! Because it’s back and FREE!! :open_mouth:

Never did, but it looks fun, haha.

// Who's Online (Guests Fix)