Britney Spears' album 'Britney' Turns 16!

Britney is the third studio album by American singer Britney Spears. It was released on November 6, 2001 in the United States through Jive Records. The album debuted at number one on the US Billboard 200 with first-week sales of 745,000 copies.

Six singles were released from the album. “I’m a Slave 4 U” reached the top ten in several countries but reached only number twenty-seven on the US Billboard Hot 100, becoming Spears’ first lead single not to peak within the top ten of the Billboard Hot 100. “Overprotected” and “I’m Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman” had alternated as the second and third single of the album, respectively, both of which performed similarly internationally by reaching top ten in several countries, while the Darkchild remix of the former peaked at number eighty-six on the US Billboard Hot 100. “I’m Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman”, as well as the following singles “I Love Rock ‘n’ Roll”, “Anticipating” (which was released exclusively in France) and “Boys” didn’t chart on the US Billboard Hot 100; however all of them except for “Anticipating” reached the top ten in several countries albeit in less than its preceding singles.

“This is the first album I have every really written and taken my time on, so when I actually listen to the whole album, it’s just that much more special. I don’t know if I’m the best songwriter in the world, but I had a lot of fun doing it and hopefully I will get better and grow.” - Spears talks about her songwriting experience for Britney

Man I feel old… I remember waiting for HMV to open <3

Love this album! i was only 3 years old on 2001, I remember the first time I heard this cd on 2009… was perfect.

I feel old AF. I remember getting this album and thinking how sexual it was, but still loving it, regardless.

truly iconic!!! so many great memories of this album!
Overprotected Darkchild Remix is my fav Brit song <3

I feel better knowing I’m not the only one who feels old af at this news!

Like I said said, Blackout, Imma let you finish, but this is the best Britney album!

This is the album that gave birth to Can’t Be Tamed, Stars Dance, etc. all yo faves.

My fave album!!!

Makes me feel old too! Album was out in 2001, but I didn’t hear it until 2005/2006. A solid, flawless album!

:arrow_up: :arrow_up:

Iconic album

One of the classics. :heart_eyes: I’m still obsessed with this album. Some of her best work yet.

I miss this era in pop music. :disappointed_relieved:
Album releases were such a huge event back then.

What an iconic album! Can’t believe it’s been 16 years

Seriously my fav Britters album :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

probably my fave britney album. a good listen from beginning to end.

// Who's Online (Guests Fix)