Camila Cabello Hits Simultaneous #1s

Camila Cabello Debuts at No. 1 on Billboard 200 Albums Chart

he’s the first woman to bow at No. 1 with a debut full-length album in three years.
Camila Cabello debuts atop the Billboard 200 chart with her first solo effort, Camila, earning 119,000 equivalent album units in the week ending Jan. 18, according to Nielsen Music. Of that sum, 65,000 were in traditional album sales. Cabello is the first woman in three years to hit No. 1 with her debut full-length album.

Camila was released on January 12 through SYCO/Epic Records.

The Billboard 200 chart ranks the most popular albums of the week in the U.S. based on multi-metric consumption, which includes traditional album sales, track equivalent albums (TEA) and streaming equivalent albums (SEA). The new Jan. 27-dated chart (where Camila debuts at No. 1) will be posted in full on Billboard’s websites on Tuesday, Jan. 23.

Camila’s launch of 119,000 is larger than expected, as some industry forecasters projected the set would begin with around 90,000 units, and was in a race for No. 1 with the soundtrack to The Greatest Showman. As it turns out, The Greatest Showman — which had spent the past two weeks at No. 1 — falls to No. 2 with 104,000 units (increasing by 1 percent compared to the previous week). The Greatest Showman actually beats Camila in traditional album sales (70,000 vs. 65,000) and is the top-selling album of the week. Camila was able to come out on top on the Billboard 200 over The Greatest Showman thanks to TEA units and SEA units. Camila earned 16,000 TEA units (vs. 8,000 for Showman) and 38,000 SEA units (vs. 26,000 for Showman).

Cabello is the first woman to reach No. 1 on the Billboard 200 with her debut full-length album in three years – since Meghan Trainor’s Title (also on Epic) opened atop the list dated Jan. 31, 2015. (Trainor had a previous EP, also named Title, which reached No. 15.) If we count all initial chart appearances by women (including EPs), Cabello is the first woman to top the list with her first overall charting effort since Ariana Grande bowed at No. 1 with her first full-length album — and chart debut — Yours Truly on Sept. 21, 2013.

Camila Cabello Earns First Billboard Hot 100 No. 1 With ‘Havana,’ Featuring Young Thug

The coronation complements her No. 1 debut atop the Billboard 200 with her first solo album, "Camila."
Camila Cabello crowns the Billboard Hot 100 chart (dated Jan. 27) for the first time, as “Havana,” featuring Young Thug, lifts from No. 2 to No. 1. Young Thug likewise earns his first Hot 100 leader.

The song was released on SYCO/Epic Records and is the 1,070th No. 1 in the Hot 100’s history, which dates to the chart’s Aug. 4, 1958, inception.

The former Fifth Harmony member’s Hot 100 coronation accompanies her No. 1 entrance on the Billboard 200 albums chart with her debut solo set, Camila.

Meanwhile, Halsey hits the Hot 100’s top five for the first time as a lead artist, as “Bad at Love” bumps 7-5, and Dua Lipa scores her first Hot 100 top 10, as “New Rules” rises 11-8.

As we do every Monday, let’s run down the top 10 of the Hot 100, which blends all-genre streaming, airplay and sales data. All charts will update on Billboard.com tomorrow (Jan. 23).

Impressive. She’s also the third female artist in Billboard history to occupy both #1 positions simultaneously with the lead/debut single and debut album since Beyoncé with “Crazy in Love” and Dangerously in Love (2003) and Britney with “…Baby One More Time”, both single and album (1999).

Super happy for her
They need to get a move on with the next single, I would hate for potential hits to be wasted on milking the shit out of Havana

I believe the 2nd official single is “Never Be the Same.”

Sorry I meant they need to move onto promo for the next single, like a video and a few performances to keep her momentum going

I know she performed it on shows during release week but I agree they need more.

I love love love Camila but that album got higher sales than it deserved (imo, atleast). I ain’t pressed tho, I’m really happy she started her career with great numbers + positions for both the Album and Single. Havana may have gotten a little old, but its a great track to hit #1/I’m always happy when a “pop girl” does well on the charts. Camila should now release Into It and move onto Album #2.

// Who's Online (Guests Fix)