Cher is joining Meryl Streep & Colin Firth in Mamma Mia 2

As if we couldn’t be excited enough about Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, ABBA have only gone and added actual Cher to the cast!

This epic pop crossover was confirmed by Cher herself in several tweets referencing the classic ‘Fernando’, even revealing the ABBA-riffic boots that she’ll be wearing in the musical. Check it out below:
According to The Hollywood Reporter, her character and connection to the main plot are being kept secret now… but we don’t even need to know. Confirmation that Cher is in this movie is enough for us!

Cher is joining a gobsmackingly-incredible cast that includes returning favourites Meryl Streep, Colin Firth and Pierce Brosnan for a part-prequel, part-sequel that includes parallel stories set in Donna’s past and present.

Playing the younger versions of the trio will be Cinderella’s Lily James, Poldark’s Hugh Skinner and War Horse’s Jeremy Irvine respectively. (Let’s hope the sequel leaves the bulk of the singing to Jeremy, not Pierce!)
Having teased which ABBA classics fans can expect to hear, Benny Andersson also dropped the first details of the parallel storyline.

“It’s more of a prequel really, because it’s about everything that happened before they ended up on Kalokairi island,” Benny said.

“It’s Donna when she was young, Meryl Streep when she was young, and what happened when she met the three dads. As well as what happened after the previous film finishes. So it’s a prequel and a sequel.”

Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again! is due for release in US cinemas on July 20, 2018 and UK cinemas on July 27, 2018.

From

Wait… what?! This is going to be crazy.

@SmithAaronA I’m ready for it though :wink:

I have to say I agree!

// Who's Online (Guests Fix)