Cheryl – Discussion

Cheryl Ann Tweedy (born 30 June 1983) is an English singer, songwriter and television personality. Born and raised in Tyneside, she rose to fame in late 2002 upon winning a place in girl group Girls Aloud after participating in ITV’s Popstars: The Rivals. While still in the group, she began a solo career in April 2009, and between then and 2014, she released four studio albums – 3 Words (2009), Messy Little Raindrops (2010), A Million Lights (2012) and Only Human (2014) – which collectively produced ten singles, including five number ones ("Fight for This Love, “Promise This”, “Call My Name”, “Crazy Stupid Love” and “I Don’t Care”). Together with Jess Glynne, Cheryl holds the record for the British female artist with the most number one singles.

Cheryl became a judge on the UK version of The X Factor in 2008. She mentored two of the eventual winners of the competition (Alexandra Burke in the fifth and Joe McElderry in the sixth), before resigning in 2011 and joining the panel of the American version, which she left during the auditions stage. She returned to judge series 11 and 12 of the UK version. Series creator Simon Cowell referred to her as “one of the best I’ve ever worked with”.

Cheryl has become a recognised and photographed style icon, being referred to as a “fashionista” by the press. She has been photographed for the covers of British Vogue, Elle and Harper’s Bazaar, and fronted cosmetic company L’Oréal in 2009. Her net worth was estimated at £20 million in October 2014.

Albums

1. 3 Words (2009)
  2. Messy Little Raindrops (2010)
  3. A Million Lights (2012)
  4. Only Human (2014)

Submissions for Mosaic Banner!

Looks like Cheryl might finally be free from Polydor, thankfully!

According to Nicola, it’s very personal and she’s finished the record. A single is expected this month (finally!).

The single is being premiered on X Factor in November, called “Love Made Me Do It”.

On-set of “Love Made Me Do It” in London today, 4 Oct.!

Cheryl is now featured in the header mosaic banner! :camera_flash:

I STAN A WISE DECISION MADE!

Apparently Sophie Muller directed the video.

We should have the song in one or two weeks! I can’t believe it!
It feels like ages ago since Only Human got released, a lot has changed since then, including SIN. I feel like I have no one to share my excitement with so let’s keep this thread alive Scott.
:sweat_smile:

Supposedly, the single is out on FRIDAY! And she’s performing it next month, too! I’m psyched! And yes, you and I need to keep CHERYL alive on SIN!

I wonder what her new label is, too!

According to reports, CHERYL has signed to 3Beat for more creative control of her music career.

I’m not really sure how I feel about this BUT I’m still excited for the song.

Same. But, I’m hoping it works better than Polydor ever has. They’ve sucked for Cheryl and Girls Aloud since they launched Fascination!

THIS IS NOT A DRILL! I REPEAT! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!

She is reportedly set to take The X Factor stage on Sunday, 11/18! That means, 11/16 we might get the single!

WHAT A QUEEN! I CANNOT WAIT. <3

I’m going to PEE myself! This sounds fantastic! Cheryl ain’t playing right now!

// Who's Online (Guests Fix)