Cheryl hints at new collaboration with Girls Aloud bandmate Nicola Roberts

Cheryl is back in the recording studio.

The popstar confirmed on Twitter on Wednesday (December 13) that she was back in the studio with her Girls Aloud bandmate Nicola Roberts, who has written for Cheryl before, as well as hip-hop group Team Salut.

“Todays session has been the highlight of our year,” the band said. “@NicolaRoberts @CherylOfficial saaaafe. quick maths.”

In response, Cheryl said: “Thank you for a great session. You guys are amazing.” Nicola also responded to the tweet, with a few different emojis.

Team Salut replied yet again, telling the Girls Aloud members: “Lol yh man was fun. Still don’t know how you did it, or maybe it was the coffee Nicola Roberts, we gonna get your bongos for the next one.”

So, what does it mean?
Cheryl performing solo

Well, Cheryl hasn’t had an album out in three years since the release of her 2014 record Only Human. Before then, her albums dropped pretty regularly; with the singer releasing four solo albums and one Girls Aloud reunion record between 2009 and 2014.

In March this year, she welcomed her first son Bear with boyfriend Liam Payne.

Since then, she’s kept a pretty low profile, with the exception of appearing as a guest judge on this year’s The X Factor alongside Simon Cowell for his Judges’ Houses episode.
UNDER STRICT EMBARGO UNTIL 00.01 TUESDAY 17th OCTOBER 2017: The X Factor 2017 Judges’ Houses — Simon Cowell and Cheryl Tweedy

Cowell has already dropped several hints she could rejoin The X Factor panel full-time, but he’ll have to ward off Strictly Come Dancing’s Shirley Ballas, who is keen on signing Cheryl up as a contestant for the next series.

So it looks like 2018 could be the year Cheryl returns to both the music chart and TV screen.

I’m ready for this. I need new Cheryl music, immediately!

GIMME ALL THE CHERYL AND/OR NICOLA MUSIC!!!

Jr screams in the distance

I need some Nicola! Cinderella Eyes was amazing

Let’s hope it’s more “On the Metro”/“It’s About Time” and less “Yellow Love”.

I’d rather new solo material from Nicola though.

I wouldn’t get my hopes up ya’ll, Nicola probably wrote some tracks for her (again).

But yes, my world feels empty without my babe! :heart:

That’s My Song has been registered as a song from these sessions.

She did, but it did state in another article that she’s working on music for herself, too!

HOW LONG? Cinderella Eyes was like 30 years ago. I need some new music from her.

// Who's Online (Guests Fix)