Drake | Scary Hours EP

Drake has surprised fans by dropping two brand new tracks over the weekend, “Diplomatic Immunity” and “God’s Plan”.

The two songs form part of the rapper’s EP Scary Hours, though “Diplomatic Immunity” is the most intriguing for anyone who obsessively tracked Drake and Jennifer Lopez’s reported brief fling, first sparked by an Instagram photo of the two cosied up on a couch, which is said to have occurred before her relationship with Alex Rodriguez.

Neither of the stars directly responded to, denied, or confirmed the rumours, though “Diplomatic Immunity” comes with the curious lyric: “2010 was when I lost my halo / 2017 I lost a J-Lo”.

Lopez herself told Ellen DeGeneres on her talk show that they were “only hanging out”, while finally clearing the air with Trevor Noah on The Daily Show and stating: “Let me clear this up. I am not with Drake.” What the rapper means in his new lyrics will clearly be put under the microscope of interpretations.

“God’s Plan”, meanwhile, produced by frequent collaborates Yung Exclusive, Boi-1da, Cardo, and Noah “40” Shebib, is a synth-heavy examination of Drake’s career so far, culminating in the chorus: ”God’s plan / I can’t do this on my own / Someone watching this shit close.”

// Who's Online (Guests Fix)