'Haters Back Off' Cancelled After 2 Seasons

EXCLUSIVE: Netflix has opted not to renew comedy series Haters Back Off for a third season.

The streaming service took a swing with Haters Back Off, based on popular YouTube personality Colleen Ballinger’s oddball character Miranda Sings. From the little Netflix viewership data provided by measurement companies, it appears that Haters Back Off got off a solid start last year, earning a second-year renewal, but in the long run, Ballinger’s huge YouTube following did not quite translate into streaming audience for her Netflix series.

It is unclear whether YouTube, which over the last year entered the high-end scripted space with series that often feature popular YouTube personalities, would possibly step in to pick up Haters Back Off.

So sad for Colleen! Love her to death and love Miranda! So proud of her for creating 2 seasons of her own Netflix show.
Definitely see Youtube Red picking the show up again, just don’t know if she’d be down for that. Time will tell. Love her and hope she continues on cause Miranda is great!

No! I was so dissapointed i was loving this! hopefully somewhere else picks it up.

Let’s be real though, it was godawful.

shouldn’t have been a first xo

I enjoy the random Miranda videos but the show was awful, even though season 2 was a bit better.
Too much drama for a comedy and ridiculous art direction… The cliffhanger was interesting but I won’t miss this one.

i never watched the netflix show, but i love miranda on youtube.

// Who's Online (Guests Fix)