Idina Menzel, Disney, Demi Lovato sued over 'Let It Go"

The iconic song from “Frozen,” “Let It Go,” was shamelessly ripped off from a famous international artist, who is now suing everyone even remotely connected with the smash hit.

Jaime Ciero claims in a new lawsuit “Let It Go” was obviously inspired by his song, “Volar.” Ciero recorded the song in 2008 and it was played globally. Ciero calls the song “a huge international success reaching millions of listeners and landing on numerous charts of the most popular, top-performing songs.”

Listen to both (below). Gotta say … even though “Volar” is recorded in Spanish, there are similarities. The question … are there enough to make a case?

Ciero says the striking similarities include note combinations, structures, hooks, melodies, lyrics, themes, production and textures.

He’s suing Disney, Idina Menzel who recorded it for the movie, Demi Lovato who recorded the single and others.
If Ciero wins, the judgment could be humongous. He wants profits from the movie, the music, the marketing … you name it.

Listen, and judge for yourself.

Wow, it’s nearly identical. Hope he wins the lawsuit.

I must be deaf because I don’t hear the similarities. But good luck trying to sue Di$ney :skull:

umm yeah.

They just BARELY sound alike in the “volar, volar” and “let it go, let it go” part

Good luck and I wish you an ounce of luck

I can hear some slight similarities, but it’s because I was actively listening to the music to look for them. In all seriousness, the lawsuit makes him look desperate and money hungry. Idina and Demi had nothing to do with the composition, all they did was record the track. Sue the writers and Disney.

the beginnings of the choruses sound somewhat similar, but I feel like it’s only because I was specifically listening. I don’t see similarities in anything else.

And you waited 4 years for…? Boy bye!

tumblr_inline_nesbz2hjDE1t3ehks

// Who's Online (Guests Fix)