Jennifer Lawrence explains why she returned to the X-Men franchise

It turns out that Jennifer Lawrence isn’t actually too thrilled about re-joining the X-Men cast as Mystique.

According to Entertainment Weekly, she recently revealed that she wasn’t that excited about coming back for X-Men: Dark Phoenix, mainly because she had to be covered head to toe in blue paint again.

“I love these movies — it’s just the paint,” she explained, shortly after the star revealed why she’s actually “rude” to fans in public.

“I was 20 [when she starred in First Class] and I didn’t care about fumes and toxins, and now I’m almost 25 and I’m like, ‘I can’t even pronounce this and that’s going in my nose? I’m breathing that?’”

Her deal with the mutant franchise expired in 2016, but after being convinced by friend, producer and director Simon Kinberg, she revealed that she gave in to returning as the character.

Simon expressed his interest in directing Dark Phoenix to Jennifer, and it turns out that JLaw just couldn’t stay away from the movie.

"Because when I was trying to talk Simon into directing, he said something like, ‘If I direct it, you have to do it,’ and I was like, ‘Of course! Duh!’"
Jennifer also explained that it was Simon’s commitment and passion for the franchise that helped her to change her mind.

“He’s been writing these characters for so long and he knows them so deeply,” the actress said. “I suddenly felt more connected to my character than I ever have been before.”

And it sounds like Oscar-winning actress hasn’t regretted her decision since, as she revealed of the production side of the movie; “Everything was on time. Everything was organized. These movies have always been fun amidst chaos, and now they were fun with no chaos.”

Jennifer’s joined by Game of Thrones star Sophie Turner as Jean Grey and Michael Fassbender as Magneto in the new movie.

X-Men: Dark Phoenix is released in cinemas on November 2, 2018.

// Who's Online (Guests Fix)