Joan Jett's Complete Discography Now Streaming for First Time

The complete Joan Jett and the Blackhearts catalog is now available for streaming for the first time, following a deal between the iconic rocker’s Blackheart Records label and Sony Music Entertainment/Legacy Recordings announced on Friday (Sept. 7).

Blackheart Records was formed in 1980 by Jett, songwriter/producer Kenny Laguna and Meryl Laguna . The new deal covers the worldwide rights to Joan Jett’s recorded music catalog, including classics such as “I Love Rock ‘N’ Roll,” “Crimson and Clover,” “Bad Reputation,” “Do You Wanna Touch Me (Oh Yeah)” and more.

Under the terms of the agreement, the entire Joan Jett catalog – including singles, albums, music videos, concert films and more – will be available under the SME/Legacy umbrella and released in digital and physical formats. Legacy’s Blackheart Records releases to streaming services on Friday include Jett’s Bad Reputation , I Love Rock ‘N’ Roll , Glorious Results of a Misspent Youth , Sinner , Pure and Simple and Unvarnished , the compilation albums Flashback , Fetish and Greatest Hits , and special editions of I Love Rock ‘N’ Roll 33 1/3 Anniversary and Joan Jett - The First Sessions . These titles were previously only available for download. They join Jett’s four SME catalog titles already streaming – Good Music , Up Your Alley , The Hit List and Notorious . As well, SME’s Thread Shop in-house merchandising company will administer Joan Jett’s exclusive merchandising rights, retail licensing and e-commerce on a worldwide basis.

“Blackheart is excited to be working with Sony Legacy, particularly as we enter into the streaming space with the Blackheart Records catalog, including the Joan Jett and the Blackhearts catalog in its entirety,” said Blackheart Records VP Carianne Brinkman . “They are the best at what they do and understand the brands and artists they work with. We feel it is the perfect partnership.”

Added SME Commercial Music Group President Richard Story : “The music of Joan Jett – raw, real and uncompromising – has been an essential part of the pop culture landscape across four decades. Sony Music and Legacy Recordings are both honored and thrilled to be part of the Joan Jett saga and look forward to bringing her music and attitude to future rockers.”

Legacy Recordings will also release the soundtrack to the forthcoming Bad Reputation Joan Jett documentary, featuring a career-spanning track list and the new Joan Jett and the Blackhearts song “Fresh Start.” The album also an unreleased track performed by Miley Cyrus, Laura Jane Grace of Against Me! and Joan Jett called “Androgynous,” along with material by The Runaways, Bikini Kill, members of the Sex Pistols and more.

The SME/Blackheart deal also includes recordings by Evil Stig (featuring Joan Jett), Cherie Currie, FEA, Jackknife Stiletto, Girl in a Coma, The Dollyrots, The Vacancies, The Cute Lepers and The Eyeliners, along with “various artists” compilation albums including A Blackheart Christmas and Laguna Tunes .

Billboard

// Who's Online (Guests Fix)