Julie Chen OUT at "The Talk" Following Husband's Exit from CBS

Julie Chen is leaving CBS’ daytime show The Talk , effective immediately.

Chen, the wife of ousted CBS chairman Les Moonves, is expected to say her goodbyes to the show via videotaped message Tuesday, sources confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter . CBS declined comment.

Chen is expected to continue as host of CBS’ reality series Big Brother , which is about to wrap its 20th season.

After Moonves was ousted from CBS following a Sept. 9 New Yorker story detailing additional sexual misconduct allegations against him, Chen took a leave of absence from The Talk .

She returned to host Big Brother 's live eviction episode last Thursday. She didn’t directly address the allegations on the show, but signed off by saying, “I’m Julie Chen Moonves.” Chen’s co-hosts on The Talk have discussed Moonves several times during her absence.

After a July 27 New Yorker story detailed allegations by six women against Moonves, Chen issued what has been to this point her only public statement on the matter.

“I have known my husband, Leslie Moonves, since the mid-90s, and I have been married to him for almost 14 years,” she wrote on Twitter. “Leslie is a good man and loving father, devoted husband and inspiring corporate leader. He has always been a kind, decent and moral human being. I fully support my husband and stand by him.”

CNN first reported the news of Chen’s departure from The Talk .

The Hollywood Reporter

// Who's Online (Guests Fix)