Lewis Hamilton wins fourth Formula 1 world championship title 🏁

Sky Sports wrote:

Lewis Hamilton has been crowned Formula 1 world champion for a fourth time.

Hamilton was hit by title rival Sebastian Vettel on the opening lap of the Mexican GP but secured the championship after fighting back into the points while the Ferrari driver only finished fourth.

“It doesn’t feel real,” said Hamilton. "I’m really happy with this fourth. I’m going to have to take some time to really think about it but I’m proud of the flag and everyone who represents it.

“That’s not the kind of race that you want but I never gave up.”

Hamilton’s feat makes him the most successful British driver in Formula 1 history and draws the Mercedes driver level with Vettel and Alain Prost in the all-time standings.

Only five-time champion Juan Manuel Fangio and Michael Schumacher, who won a record-breaking seven, have won more drivers’ titles in F1 history.

But Hamilton’s coronation was overshadowed by his first-lap clash with Vettel when the Ferrari hit the rear of the Englishman’s Mercedes.

“Did he hit me deliberately?” Hamilton asked over team radio.

After the race, the 32-year-old added: “I don’t think I was too aggressive. I put my car in the perfect position and I left a lot of space for the car behind.”

But the pair later warmly embraced in the paddock as Vettel congratulated Hamilton as a deserved champion.

“Lewis has done a superb job all year round and deserves to win the title,” said the German.

:checkered_flag: :checkered_flag: :checkered_flag: :checkered_flag:

// Who's Online (Guests Fix)