Nintendo Switch Passes Lifetime Sales of Wii U in Less Than a Year

The Switch is pretty popular.

In the midst of selling more than 14.8 million Nintendo Switch units since its March debut, the Switch has also outsold the company’s previous Wii U console’s lifetime sales. The Wii U sold 13.56 million units at the end of its lifespan, making it the worst selling Nintendo console outside of the short-lived Virtual Boy.

Despite being sold only recently in October, Super Mario Odyssey has become the best-selling game for the console with more than 9 million units moved, followed closely by Mario Kart 8 Deluxe with over 7 million and
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild with over 6 million. Titles sold for the Nintendo Switch, despite it being
a 10-month-old console, has already totaled half the number of software sold for the Wii U at 52 million titles.
Upcoming titles for the Nintendo Switch include remastered versions of both Bayonetta titles, as well as
Dark Souls Remastered.

Source: HYPEBEAST

I still need one.

The Wii U was DOA as a lack of popular titles were lacking initially with the system and it just sat there collecting dust. Nintendo were wise this time around and released Zelda, Mario and the like with the console, so I’m not surprised… but this really isn’t anything to boast about and they should have had the same release strategy for the U.

I am happy for Nintendo but still a bit sad though. My poor Wii U :frowning: I really enjoyed the games on it and still do. A bit annoying that they release Wii U ports, bad for me as Wii U owner.

// Who's Online (Guests Fix)