Offset: “I cannot vibe with queers”

In a song released recently (Boss Life), Offset raps “I cannot vibe with queers” and the internet went pretty much mad. He was forced to censor the word from the song and post a statement on instagram where he posted the Google definition of the word queer and captioned:

I didn’t write the line about gay people. I have said before since these issues before that I got love for all people. My passion for fashion has lead me to a lot of gay people around me who I have mad respect for and we are very cool so I’m not in a place where I’m hating like that. When I wrote that I was thinking of words that could rhyme with the others (here, lear, solitaire, bear) and I saw this definition about her having a queer feeling she was being watched and it fit what I was thinking about a stalker creepy paparazzi situation. To me that “queer” I don’t mean someone who’s gay. I mean lame people who film you, post it and stalk you. Lingo that means strange or odd.
I M S O R R Y
I A P O L O G I Z E
I’m offended I offended anybody <

Song in which he says it (NOTE: the word “queer” has been removed/censored in the video now):

Thoughts?

That’s one of the most half assed celebrity apologies that I’ve ever read and comes off insincere, which knowing the trios’ history, it rather is. There’s also Quavo’s homophobic remarks towards iLoveMakonnen coming out. Remember that time they refused to go on SNL with Katy because of the drag queens and said drag queens were told not to attend the afterparty as per Migos’ request? Good times.

I wish major labels would stop forcing their artists to chuck Migos features on their tracks.

The irony here is that this is exactly what Kanye was working to get rid of. The reason he is so influential is because his debut era single handedly destroyed the whole misogynistic and homophobic Gangsta Rap culture of early 2000’s. It wasn’t until him that it was viewed as cool for rappers to wear designer brands and be looking sharp / magazine ready, and he was called everything from feminine to a faggot. Now look who wants to wear Versace this, Gucci that. It’s comedic how these rappers don’t want anything to do with the LGBT community when they’re spending their hard earned money on predominately Gay businesses and rocking apparel created and sold by Gay men.

Gross. Queer means Gay in 2018. :roll_eyes:

Trash

Very interesting that he didn’t screenshot and the post the second (derogatory) definition.

// Who's Online (Guests Fix)