Present-Day Feminist 'Charmed' Reboot Ordered by the CW

The Charmed reboot just landed a pilot order at The CW — plus has some really intriguing new story details.

The update of the 1998 fan favorite about a trio of sisters who are powerful witches will now have a rather progressive and topical take. Here’s the network’s official new description for the new incarnation of Charmed: “This fierce, funny, feminist reboot of the original series centers on three sisters in a college town who discover they are witches. Between vanquishing supernatural demons, tearing down the patriarchy, and maintaining familial bonds, a witch’s work is never done.”

In another shakeup, the reboot will be set in the present day. When The CW first announced the Charmed reboot last year the plan was to make it a prequel series to The WB original and set in the 1970s. That plan has now been scrapped.

By setting the new series in the present day, it also opens up the possibility of appearances — or even series regular roles? — by the show’s original cast members (such as Shannen Doherty, Alyssa Milano, Holly Marie Combs, and Rose McGowan).

Writers Jessica O’Toole and Amy Rardin (Jane the Virgin) are writing the script.

Holly Marie Combs has slammed the network’s decision to reboot the series: “Fans won’t be fooled.” Source

no

Says it all; The CW never wanted Charmed, and this is their second attempt at a so-called revival. Either bring back the O.G. cast on a platform such as Netflix or Hulu, or let it die! How insulting.

I agree with Holy. This is such a shit. They try to ruin a beautiful series, and my childhood.

Hell to the no, as much as I’d love for Charmed to be revamped idk how I feel about it now when the CW didn’t want it back in the day but now that supernatual shows are making it, they want to use an existing brand/name for a better chance…PASS

I mean I’ll watch the pilot, but I’m expecting a hot fucking mess.

// Who's Online (Guests Fix)