Quentin Tarantino's Manson Film Gets Release Date

Movie fans who are anxiously waiting for Quentin Tarantino’s ninth film (which may well be his second-to-last) won’t have to wait too much longer. After leaving the Weinstein Company, the project was the center of an intense bidding war between almost every major studio. Sony ended up the winner, and with A-list talent swimming around a story that involves the Manson Family, they seem mighty excited to get this movie out there.

According to Variety, Quentin Tarantino’s untitled and mysterious ninth film will arrive in theaters on August 9, 2019. Production is said to be slated to begin early next year. Not much is known about the film, but it will be a period piece set in 1969. While it was originally reported that the project was about Charles Manson, Tarantino has clarified that it is not a biopic, but an ensemble film with the Manson murders set as a backdrop. It’s been compared to how Inglorious Basterds is about killing Adolf Hitler, but he is only in two scenes.

It should be noted that August 9 happens to be the 50th anniversary of Sharon Tate’s murder. Tate was an actress who was famously murdered by Charles Manson’s cult. Whether or not this scheduling was deliberate or coincidental is unknown, but it could indicate how important the murders of that time are to the future movie.

Source: Cinema Blend

lol photoshop much

I am here for this, Quentin always deliver good movies and he is great in storytelling
I’m still waiting for Kill Bill 3 though :tired_face:

Seems messed up of them to release it on the anniversary of her murder. That should be a day of remembrance for her… not that piece of scum and his cult. Very disrespectful.

I still find it funny how Ms Overrated Lawrence got kicked out, because she is not pretty enough to play Tate. Go Margot, excited for the film.

// Who's Online (Guests Fix)