Selena Gomez Is Billboard’s 2017 Woman of the Year

Selena Gomez will be honored as the Woman of the Year at Billboard’s annual Women in Music dinner and awards gala on Nov. 30.

Selena has had quite the roller coaster ride into adulthood. The pop star’s personal and professional life continues to make headlines. In the last day alone, Selena gave an intimate interview on The Today Show where she opened up about her kidney transplant. Meanwhile, the singer was embroiled in Internet drama when paparazzi caught her hanging out with ex Justin Bieber. A day later, sources confirmed she and The Weeknd broke up. All of the buzz has never derailed Selena, and that is one of many reasons why she’ll accept the Woman of the Year award.

Others to have received the accolade includes Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift, Pink, Katy Perry, Fergie, Beyoncé and last year’s winner, Madonna.

So, why does she deserve this again? :thinking:

I totally don’t understand how she got this. All she’s done this year really is give a kidney to her best friend, which millions do every year.

Ariana Grande deserved this. She got through such a trauma of her fans being killed by a terrorist, and working through that grief to set up a concert in a matter of days to raise a ton of money for the families who felt like they lost everything. And I know for a fact, Ariana would dedicate it to all those who lost their lives in that terror attack.

So yeah, Selena doesn’t deserve this. Ariana does.

Selena didn’t give the kidney. Her best friend gave her the kidney.

Preach.

That still doesn’t mean she deserves this award though. Sounds like even her best friend deserves it more than her…

Congrats, I guess.

Ariana deserved this.

// Who's Online (Guests Fix)