Seeing that we didn’t have one this year due to the new Spill It Now being under construction, I thought it would be interesting to resurrect it - so we can look back this time next year.
Basically, predict what you think will happen within the music industry next year. This can be anything from album/single releases, award nominations and/or wins, performances, or anything generally related to your favourite artists.
- Julia Michaels is nominated for Best New Artist at the 2018 Grammy Awards and performs.
- Tinashe releases new single Me So Bad in January, and follows up with long delayed Joyride album in March.
- Justin Bieber takes a year off and disappears from the music industry until 2019.
- Ariana Grande releases around July-September and gets her first #1 on the Billboard Hot 100.
- TRL is cancelled due to low ratings.
- Liam Payne’s debut album receives positive reviews, strongly compared to early 2000s Justin Timberlake.
- Justin Timberlake releases new album that has a darker electronic R&B sound unlike previous two. Both lead single and album hit #1 on Hot 100.
- Selena Gomez is nominated for a Grammy Award. She releases new and very left field album in February/March. Bad Liar and Fetish are on track list, while IAM and Wolves are bonus tracks.
- The Weeknd releases new album.
- Eminem struggles to get a Top 10 hit for new album.
- Fifth Harmony cancels Australian tour and/or disband.
- Charlie Puth’s new album gets rave reviews.
- Christina Aguilera releases new album after 6 years.
- Britney Spears releases new single with controversial video. Both get acclaim.
- Austin Mahone gives up on music career and gets into acting.
- Miley Cyrus releases an artistic coffee table book.
- Selena Gomez, Eminem and A$AP Rocky are three of many 2018 VMAs performers.
- Another K-pop group (or artist) has some kind of U.S. breakthrough.