The decline of choreography in pop music - Discussion

Generations before the current younger generation of pop stars, choreography was a staple part of the pop star model in that time for being a successful artist or group. From Michael Jackson, Madonna, Janet to Aaliyah, Britney, Christina, NSYNC, Destiny’s Child, Justin Timberlake and Beyonce’s solo careers, and Usher and Lady Gaga, choreography is a major aspect of the legacies these artists have made for themselves.

In comparison to today’s generation of younger mainstream pop stars, these being Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez, Ariana Grande, Demi Lovato, Miley Cyrus and the ex 1D members, choreography is virtually non-existent, or when it is, it’s likely to be performed very poorly and unenthusiastically.

Why do you think that is? Is it just a different time?

I agree with that.
I can’t shake off the feeling that the new generation od pop stars are just getting lazy, due to the fact that nowadays (thanks to streaming, youtube etc.) it’s easier to get a hit. You don’t even have to go and buy physical CD anymore.

Selena at least tried early in her career but that girl completely stopped and I’m guessing because of her lupus.

Ariana still does minimal choreography here and there but at this point she might as well be the only one off that list that doesn’t just stand on stage and look completely bored.

Tinashe is the only other girl that like currently does actual challenging choreography but she’s the biggest flop of all and I’m so sad for her smh

idc tbh

I stan k-pop artists and groups. :man_shrugging:

:clap::clap::clap:

I was excited when Demi did some choreography in the Instruction video. It wasn’t anything amazing, but it was nice to see some dancing in videos again.

This choreo is LAME AF

BETTER THAN NONE lol :stuck_out_tongue:

Because nobody can dance anymore. Dancing is a talent, an ability, not something you can just pick up at whim. Britney and JT were dancing since they were little kids on the MMC. Britney since she was a toddler, she did ballet and various other styles. I’m sure Beyonce did as well. I won’t even go into MJ and Janet.

5H did choreo. but thats water under the bridge.

Choreo is one of the many reasons why I love my queens so much.

Let me give you a few examples:

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

QUEENS! I need their new album, ASAP! The Platinum Edition of Glory Days should’ve been scrapped, and those songs saved for a summer EP, greatest hits or new album!

// Who's Online (Guests Fix)