The Keto Diet

Anybody know anything about Keto?! I’ve been on this diet for about 3 weeks and I’m really loving it.

I’ve heard of it, but don’t know much about it.
What is involved? One of my fb friends is doing it and lost like 30 lbs

I think I’ve heard of this diet too, maybe post some info about it? :thinking:

If it’s what I think it is, it really works! :wink:

I’ve just read up about it and its pretty much where you cut out carbs and up the fats so your body burns fat instead of glucose :thinking: but I don’t know how well I’d fair at giving up pasta :zipper_mouth_face:

what is the diet #LOL.
I cannot do diets. :slight_smile:

KETO is short for Ketosis

This is the fat burning process where your body switches from burning carbs to burning fat.

In order for it to really work, you need to cut carbs completely out of your diet.
Even the slightest amount of carbs will trigger your body to switch back out of Ketosis.

You cannot eat:
Bread
Pasta
Rice
Starches like potatoes
Sugar
Corn Syrup
Corn
Wheat
Flour
Legumes
Beans
Fruit except for some berries
Soda
Milk

You can eat:
Meat
Green Veggies
Eggs and some dairy
Cheese
Oils - lots of different kinds here
Nuts
Seeds
Avocados
Cauliflower
Some nongreen veggies
Heavy whipping cream
Coffee
Tea
Water

You may need to supplement magnesium and potassium from iodized salt and cream of tartar.

You should be punching all of your numbers into the Cronometer to make sure you are getting all of your daily vitamins and nutrients.

You can also use MCT Oil to kickstart your body into Ketosis and buy pee test strips to accurately measure the number of ketones in your body.

You should also be using intermittent fasting in combination with for better results. Which means 12-hour eating cycles. That means you can only eat when the sun is up. No eating at night. During the fast you can drink water, tea, and black coffee.

I guess I know a little something about this. LoL Forgive me if I made some mistakes.

Nope! Your spot on! I’ve been doing for about three weeks following the majority above minus the supplements. I’ve found those aren’t really necessary. Basically cutting out carbs and replacing with fat.

uh, yeah I love pasta and bread and sushi too much to do this rip.

You learn to live without or find alternatives. I was surprised how easy it’s been.

// Who's Online (Guests Fix)