"X Factor" Runner Up Grace Davies Signs to Syco Music

Just because an act didn’t win The X Factor, it doesn’t mean their dreams of musical superstardom are over – just ask 2017’s runner-up Grace Davies.

(Or Olly Murs, or JLS.)

Grace finished in second place during last year’s grand final, placing behind Rak-Su (who were always going to win it anyway, going by the voting figures), but just like other non-winners before her, Grace has now been officially signed up by Simon Cowell’s Syco record label.

“So excited to FINALLY officially announce that I have been signed by @syco – my dream,” she wrote. “So excited for what is to come and I’m working chuffing hard on that album.”

A spokesperson for Simon Cowell also confirmed the news to The Sun, saying: “We can confirm that Grace will be signing to Syco Music.”

Earlier this month Grace shared a photo of a recording studio, captioning the picture: “Ya gal is making some bops 4 that album.”

The singer impressed X Factor viewers from the get-go with her original songs, so we’ve no doubt Grace already has a bunch of songs ready to record to get the album out as soon as possible.

As for winners Rak-Su, however, they followed up their victory by revealing that they were hoping to make their first music release (an EP with studio versions of their original X Factor performances) early in 2018 before starting work on their actual album after that.

Well, guys, as long as we get more catchy hits like ‘Dimelo’ and ‘Wolves’ soon, we’ll be happy.

Digital Spy

Cannot wait for this! She was my winner of last year as I didn’t like Rak-Su what-so-ever. They’re just one trick pony’s, whereas Grace showed diversity and was more of an artist.

Bring it on Grace :raised_hands:t2:

Same. I don’t see Rak-Su putting out anything but a single or two, while I can see Grace releasing multiple albums.

// Who's Online (Guests Fix)